Lynx Street, Margate, Kent, CT9 4FX
About Westwood Point
We are delighted to present Westwood Point, a beautiful collection of two and three bedroom homes. All homes are available to buy through the Government-backed Help to Buy: Shared Ownership Scheme subject to eligibility, terms and conditions.
Located in the heart of Thanet, with fantastic amenities right on its doorstep and the towns of Margate, Ramsgate and Broadstairs all within 10 minutes by road.
All essential shops are only a short walk or drive from your door and there are plenty of other ways to enjoy your spare time. Westwood Cross Shopping Centre is home to a huge collection of stores from fashion, pharmacies, a cinema, restaurants and health club.
To the north is the vibrant seaside town of Margate, which offers a fantastic fusion of traditional British beach resort and cutting-edge cool.
To the south lies Ramsgate, which is home to ship chandlers, independent shops and art studios - not to mention its sandy beaches!
And a short journey east will take you to the award-winning blue flag beaches, cliff-top walks and festival culture of Broadstairs.
Click on the location tab for further information about Westwood Point's compelling surroundings.Download siteplan
- Integrated stainless steel oven and 4 burner gas hob
- Stainless steel chimney hood and stainless steel splashback
- Stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap
- Integrated fridge freezer
- Washer dryer space
Bathroom and cloakroom
- Contemporary white sanitaryware
- Bath with chrome taps
- Half height tiling to bath where there is no overhead shower
- Full height tiling and glass bath screen to bath where there is an overhead shower
- Heated chrome ladder radiator (bathroom only)
- Ideal Logic Combi boiler
- Thermostatically controlled radiators
- TV point to living room
- Telephone points in the living room and main bedroom
- BT Fibre to property (FTP) with data points to selected rooms
- Mains-wired smoke and heat detectors with battery back-up
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Light to front entrance
Windows, Doors & Internal
- Multipoint locking front door
- PVCu double glazed windows and patio doors
- Vinyl flooring to the kitchen, downstairs cloakroom and bathroom
- Walls and ceilings in Dulux Trade White
- Supermatt emulsion
- Woodwork in Dulux Quick Dry White Gloss
- Landscaping to front garden
- Turf and paved patio to rear gardens
- External tap with double check valve
- 1.8m closeboard fence to rear garden
- 10-year NHBC warranty
A256 - 0.2 miles
Westwood Cross Shopping Centre – 0.7 miles
Variety of Restaurants - 0.7 miles
Nearest Primary School – 1 mile
Nearest Secondary School – 1 mile
Grocery Superstore – 1.3 miles
Margate Beach – 2.3 miles
M2 – 23 miles
“The Original Seaside” town of Margate is located just 3 miles away from Westwood Point and benefits from excellent travel connections.
By Road – The M2 to the West provides connections to further motorways towards London and the rest of the UK, whereas easy access to the A2 roads link Canterbury (15.7 miles), Dover (20.1 miles) and Folkestone (25.5 miles).
By Air – London City Airport is 74.4 miles away, London Gatwick 80 miles and London Heathrow 101 miles.
By Rail – Ramsgate railway station is 2.1 miles away and runs regular services to London Victoria in under 2 hours, St Pancras in 1 hour 14 minutes and Dover or Ashford International in 34 minutes.
By Bus – Regular services run to Canterbury, Ramsgate, Margate, Broadstairs and Sandwich
Located conveniently close to Westwood Cross Shopping Centre (0.5 miles), you are within easy reach of supermarkets, restaurants, coffee shops, retail shops and a cinema. A couple of industrial estates are also close by, providing hardware stores and tech outlets.
There are many highly rated schools within a 3 mile radius of Westwood Point, Ofsted rated Good or Outstanding:
32 primary schools, 9 secondary schools and 8 for higher education.
For younger children, there is also a variety of nurseries to choose from.
You will find a hive of activity in Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate, with its own distinctive character thanks to its popularity in the Georgian and Victorian era.
Year-round events are a prominent fixture, celebrating music, arts, sports, food and drink around the coastal towns.
Within Margate you can find Turner Contemporary, Theatre Royal, Dreamland amusement park, quirky cafes, restaurants and bars.
Broadstairs offers a family-friendly atmosphere where children can enjoy rides at Viking Bay, visit independent shops, ice cream parlours or explore the beautiful rural nature at Botany Bay.
Ramsgate is rich in history which is evident in its architecture, museums and underground. Take a stroll its historic and unique Royal Harbour or challenge yourself to a walk along the 32 mile Viking Coastal Trail.
So, whatever you feel like doing, Thanet is an ideal place to make home.