5 Saxon Way, Ramsgate, Kent, CT12 5GU
About Cottington Gardens
***All plots now reserved / sold / occupied***
Orbit Homes are proud to have delivered 50 Shared Ownership homes from October 2021 through to August 2022.
Cottington Gardens had on offer a beautiful range of 1 bedroom apartments, as well as 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes available to buy with Shared Ownership.
Located in the historic village of Cliffsend on the beautiful Thanet coast, the towns of Margate, Ramsgate and Broadstairs are all within easy reach.
All the essentials are only a short drive away at Westwood, from supermarkets, a shopping centre, hardware store and much more.
Ramsgate is less than 15 minutes away by road, with beautiful sandy beaches, traditional market and café culture. Alternatively, you can follow the coastline north to the award-winning blue flag beaches of Broadstairs and the quintessential town of Margate.
At home, Cottington Gardens also puts London and even the rest of Europe within reach, via excellent rail links and the port of Dover.
- Magnet Luna range of kitchen units and work tops
- Integrated stainless steel oven and 4 burner gas hob
- Stainless steel chimney hood and splashback
- Stainless steel 1½ sink with chrome mixer tap
- Integrated fridge/freezer
- Integrated washer/dryer and dishwasher
- Pelmet lighting under wall units
Bathroom, Cloakroom and En-Suite
- Contemporary white sanitaryware
- Bath with chrome taps
- Thermostatically controlled shower over bath with glass shower screen
- Thermostatically controlled shower to en-suite with silver frame and glass enclosure
- Chrome heated towel rail to bathroom and en-suite
- Half height tiling to bathroom and en-suite
- Full height tiling around bath and shower cubicle (where fitted)
- 2 course tiled splashback to cloakroom sanitaryware
- TV point to living room and bedroom 1
- Telephone point to living room
- BT Fibre to property (FTP) with data point to living room
- Mains-wired smoke and heat detectors with battery back-up
- Carbon monoxide detector
- Shaver socket to bathroom
- Under-wall unit lights and downlights to kitchen
- PIR operated light to front entrance and rear
Windows and Doors
- Multipoint locking front doors
- PVCu double glazed windows and patio doors
- Vaillant Combi boiler
- Gledhill hot water cylinder (to The Primrose only)
- Thermostatically controlled radiators
- Vinyl flooring to wet rooms
- Carpet to non-wet rooms
- Walls, ceilings and woodwork in Dulux Trade Pure Brilliant White
- Fitted wardrobe to bedroom 1 (excluding The Poppy)
- Turf to front and rear gardens
- Patio to rear gardens
- 1.8m closeboard fence to rear garden
- External tap
- 12 year LABC warranty
A229 - 0.6 miles
Pegwell country Park - 1 mile
Nearest Primary School - 1.3 miles
Ramsgate Railway Station - 3.2 miles
Westwood Cross Shopping Centre - 3.3 miles
Restaurants - 3.3 miles
Grocery Superstore - 2.6 miles
Ramsgate Marina - 4 miles
Nestled in a quiet bay in the small village of Cliffsend, Cottington Gardens offers the best of both worlds.
By Road – The A229 winds across the north coast of Kent, linking to the M2 (26 miles) and M20 (35 miles). A number of A roads are easily accessible, providing connections to Margate (6 miles), Canterbury (15 miles) and Dover (18 miles).
By Air – London City Airport is 73.3 miles away, London Gatwick 79 miles and London Heathrow 100 miles.
By Rail – Ramsgate railway station is 3.2 miles away and runs regular services to London Victoria in just over 2 hours, St Pancras in 1 hour 14 minutes and Dover or Ashford International in 34 minutes.
Westwood Cross Shopping Centre is just over 3 miles away, where you are within easy reach of supermarkets, restaurants, coffee shops, retail shops and a cinema. A couple of industrial estates are also close by, to cater for DIY projects.
There are many highly rated schools within a 5 mile radius of Cottington Gardens, Ofsted rated Good or Outstanding:
13 primary schools, 3 secondary schools and 3 for higher education.
For younger children, there is also a variety of nurseries to choose from.
You will find a hive of activity in Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate, with its own distinctive character thanks to its popularity in the Georgian and Victorian era.
Year-round events are a prominent fixture, celebrating music, arts, sports, food and drink around the coastal towns.
Within Margate you can find Turner Contemporary, Theatre Royal, Dreamland amusement park, quirky cafes, restaurants and bars.
Broadstairs offers a family-friendly atmosphere where children can enjoy rides at Viking Bay, visit independent shops, ice cream parlours or explore the beautiful rural nature at Botany Bay.
Ramsgate is rich in history which is evident in its architecture, museums and underground. Walk along the quieter sandy beach or walk the 32 mile Viking Coastal Trail.
Alternatively, travel west to the beautiful city of Canterbury, which is home to many historical sites; from the famous Canterbury Cathedral, St Augustine's Abbey and the award-winning Canterbury Tales attraction. There's also the popular Marlowe theatre, river tours, Howletts Wild Animal Park and plenty of chain and independent restaurants, bars and cafes.