Orbit at Westwood Point
Off Castor Road, Margate, Kent, CT9 4GP
About Orbit at Westwood Point
Up to £1,500 legal fee contribution on selected plots. See our availability tab for further details!
Phase 5b launching soon, consisting of 2, 3 & 4 bedroom homes. Register your interest today.
An attractive selection of 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, 2 and 3 bedroom houses perfectly positioned to provide the best of the countryside and coastline, with all the modern comforts nearby. Available to purchase with Shared Ownership, these homes are perfect for those looking to get on the property ladder!
Westwood Point is located in the heart of Thanet, with fantastic amenities right on its doorstep and the towns of Margate, Ramsgate and Broadstairs all within 10 minutes by road.
Everything you could possibly need is a short walk from your door. Day-to-day items are easily covered by a wide selection of hardware, home and tech outlets, along with a number of leading supermarkets. There is also a wide range of nearby schools, providing a great education from primary right through to sixth form.
In addition to the essentials, there are plenty of ways to treat yourself. Westwood Cross Shopping Centre plays home to a huge selection of stores from fashion to pharmacies and there is even a multi-screen cinema. Restaurants are abundant, with many of the nation’s favourite chains nearby, plus there is a health club and spa offering a pool, gym and group classes less than a mile away.
There is also plenty to enjoy in the immediate surrounding area. The quintessential seaside town of Margate is a short journey north and makes a great day out. This fantastic fusion of traditional British beach resort and cutting-edge cool means you can go from riding the UK’s oldest wooden rollercoaster to visiting the Turner Contemporary Art Gallery in minutes.
Just south of Westwood Point lies the town of Ramsgate. Take a wander along its historic and unique Royal Harbour, where Victorian arches play home to ship chandlers, independent shops and art studios. When you add its beautiful sandy beaches, traditional market and great café culture, there’s lots to like.
A short journey east will take you to the award-winning blue flag beaches, cliff-top walks and festival culture of Broadstairs. With everything from the Dickens Festival to the Broadstairs Blues Bash, there’s always something going on here, along with plenty of great places to eat and drink.
Alternatively, if you need to get away from it all, there is a wealth of beautiful local countryside and coastline to explore. The 32-mile Viking Coastal Trail provides the perfect outing if you are feeling energetic. Alternatively take a leisurely drive around the countless picturesque surrounding villages to absorb the area’s vast local history and charm.
For further information about the location, connections and transport links, please view our "Location" tab.Download siteplan
There are 2 plots available
|Plot||Type of property||Bedrooms||Sq.ft||-||Price|
|Plot 396 - The Reef (Phase 5a)||Semi-detached||3||1012||
£1,500 Legal Fee Contribution*
|Plot 397 - The Reef (Phase 5a)||Semi-detached||3||1012||
£1,500 Legal Fee Contribution*
Kitchen (Phase 5a)
- Symphony range of kitchen units with laminate worktops
- Integrated stainless steel oven and 4 burner gas hob
- Integrated extractor hood and stainless steel splashback
- Stainless steel sink, waste and tap
- Integrated fridge/freezer to apartments, space only to all other plots
- Washing machine space and plumbing
- Removable unit to facilitate future dishwasher, including connections
Bathroom and Cloakroom (Phase 5a)
- Contemporary white sanitaryware
- Bath with chrome mixer taps, shower set and glass screen
- Full height tiling to shower and 900mm tiling around length of bath
- Porcelanosa splashback tiles to bathroom basin (and cloakroom basin to houses only)
- Heated chrome ladder radiator to bathroom
Plumbing (Phase 5a)
- Gas fired Combination boiler
- Thermostatically controlled radiators
Electrical (Phase 5a)
- TV point to living room (and bedroom 1 to apartments)
- Phone / data point to living room
- Fibre to property (FTP)
- Mains-wired smoke, heat and carbon monoxide detectors with battery back-up
- 4 spot track light to kitchen
- Pendant lighting to all other rooms, with batten lighting to bathroom
- PIR wall light to front entrance (houses only)
- PIR lighting to underpass and main entrances (apartments only)
- Bulkhead timer lighting (to apartment communal areas)
Windows, Doors & Internal (Phase 5a)
- Multipoint locking front door
- Multipoint locking rear door (where fitted)
- PVCu double glazed windows
- Intratone door entry system (apartments only)
- Karndean flooring to wet-rooms
- Carpet to non-wet rooms
- Walls and ceilings in Dulux White Supermatt Emulsion
- Woodwork in white gloss
General (Phase 5a)
- Landscaping to front gardens
- Turf and paved patio to rear gardens (houses only)
- 1.8m closeboard fence to rear garden (houses only)
- 10-year NHBC warranty
A256 - 0.2 miles
Westwood Cross Shopping Centre – 0.7 miles
Variety of Restaurants - 0.7 miles
Nearest Primary School – 1 mile
Nearest Secondary School – 1 mile
Grocery Superstore – 1.3 miles
Margate Beach – 2.3 miles
M2 – 23 miles
“The Original Seaside” town of Margate is located just 3 miles away from Westwood Point and benefits from excellent travel connections.
By Road – The M2 to the West provides connections to further motorways towards London and the rest of the UK, whereas easy access to the A2 roads link Canterbury (16.2 miles), Dover (20.4 miles) and Folkestone (25.8 miles).
By Air – London City Airport is 76.5 miles away, London Gatwick 80.3 miles and London Heathrow 102 miles.
By Rail – Ramsgate railway station is 2.1 miles away and runs regular services to London Victoria in under 2 hours, St Pancras in 1 hour 14 minutes and Dover or Ashford International in 34 minutes.
By Bus – Regular services run to Canterbury, Ramsgate, Margate, Broadstairs and Sandwich
Located conveniently close to Westwood Cross Shopping Centre (0.7 miles), you are within easy reach of supermarkets, restaurants, coffee shops, retail shops and a cinema. A couple of industrial estates are also close by, providing hardware stores and tech outlets.
There are many highly rated schools within a 3 mile radius of Westwood Point, Ofsted rated Good or Outstanding:
32 primary schools, 9 secondary schools and 8 for higher education.
For younger children, there is also a variety of nurseries to choose from.
You will find a hive of activity in Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate, with its own distinctive character thanks to its popularity in the Georgian and Victorian era.
Year-round events are a prominent fixture, celebrating music, arts, sports, food and drink around the coastal towns.
Within Margate you can find Turner Contemporary, Theatre Royal, Dreamland amusement park, quirky cafes, restaurants and bars.
Broadstairs offers a family-friendly atmosphere where children can enjoy rides at Viking Bay, visit independent shops, ice cream parlours or explore the beautiful rural nature at Botany Bay.
Ramsgate is rich in history which is evident in its architecture, museums and underground. Take a stroll its historic and unique Royal Harbour or challenge yourself to a walk along the 32 mile Viking Coastal Trail.
So, whatever you feel like doing, Thanet is an ideal place to make home.