Find out how you can buy a new build home with just a 5% deposit using Deposit Unlock. Available to both first time buyers and home movers.
What is the Deposit Unlock scheme?
Deposit Unlock is a scheme that helps first time buyers and home movers in the UK to buy a new build home with just a 5% deposit.
Developed by the Home Builders Federation, (the body that represents housing developers) alongside reinsurance firm Gallagher Re, Deposit Unlock provides access to affordable and competitively priced mortgages for home buyers.
This Deposit Unlock scheme is exclusively for new build homes only and is available to both first time buyers and home movers on selected Orbit Homes properties.
Participating developments at Orbit Homes
How does Deposit Unlock work?
- Find your home
Check with our experienced sales team to see whether Deposit Unlock is available
- Speak to an advisor
We will put you in touch with a specialist New Build Mortgage Advisor who will help start your mortgage and Deposit Unlock application
- Reserve your home
Once you are ready to reserve your home one of our sales consultants will provide you with a confirmation letter so you can apply to a participating lender for a Deposit Unlock mortgage
- Get your keys
Congratulations! You’ve just moved into your brand-new home with just a 5% deposit
Deposit Unlock scheme eligibility
To be eligible for the Deposit Unlock scheme you need to:
- Be a first-time buyer or moving home
- Have a deposit of at least 5%
- Buy an eligible new build home from a registered home builder
Benefits of Deposit Unlock
- You only need a 5% deposit
- It’s available to both first-time buyers and home movers
- There’s no upper limit on your household income
- You benefit from an insurance-backed guarantee, allowing you to access competitive mortgages rates.
- It’s available on selected new build properties up to the price of £833,250*
- You will own 100% of the property
*Subject to lenders’ participation on selected homes and developments.
Orbit Homes participating developments
Why buy with Orbit Homes?
We’ve rounded up five quick reasons why you should consider buying your new home with Orbit Homes:
- There are no extra costs when you buy a home with Orbit Homes meaning you get more for your money
- Our homes are energy efficient and you could save up to £3,100 on your energy bills* on average each year
- Our homes are built with safety in mind and are designed to a RoSPA Safer by Design Gold standard
- Unlike traditional house builders, we have a profit for purpose at our heart, which means when you buy with us, you’ll be directly influencing the impact in your local community and the construction of more affordable homes. And we’ve also been named Housing Association of the Year 2022 from the WhatHouse? Awards!
- Our Gold Award for customer satisfaction from In-house Research shows that over 90% of our customers would recommend us to friends and family
*data from HBF’s 2023 Watt-A-Save energy report
The current lenders for Deposit Unlock are Nationwide Building Society, Newcastle Building Society and Accord Mortgages. View the latest list on the HBF website here.
The scheme is available on selected new build houses and apartments at Orbit Homes Ask our experienced sales team for more information at your chosen development.
Each lender will assess affordability in the normal way using their lending criteria, which includes income, outgoings and living costs, as well as an assessment of future changes that might impact the ability to pay a mortgage.