Fellows Road, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 3TY
About Baird Place
Orbit is pleased to announce the first release of homes at Baird Place.
Located in an elevated position overlooking the beautiful historic seaside town of Hastings, and benefitting from sea views from a number of homes, Baird Place is named after John Logie Baird, the founder of television who displayed the first ever television images in Hastings in 1924.
- Two, three and four bedroom houses available to purchase outright, or with the Government-backed Help to Buy: Equity Loan Scheme
- Two and three bedroom houses available to purchase via Shared Ownership.
- Complete specification with interior design selected internal finishes
- Contemporary kitchens with integrated appliances
- Paving and turf to rear gardens
- Driveways or allocated parking
- LABC warranty
- Close to shops and local amenities
Convenient transport links via road and railDownload siteplan
Our Sales Office is now open for viewings by appointment only. Please contact us to arrange a time which is convenient for you. Click here to find out more about the procedures we are following to ensure the safety of our customers and teams.
There are 7 plots available
There are 8 plots available
- Choice of fitted contemporary kitchens with complimentary laminate worktops and upstands*
- Stainless steel extractor canopy
- Splashback behind hob
- Stainless steel 1 1/2 bowl sink with chrome mixer tap
- Integrated fridge/freezer
- Stainless steel 4 burner hob
- Stainless steel double oven (single oven to Bay and Bay II)
- Integrated dishwasher (except Bay and Bay II)
- Integrated washer/dryer
- Ceiling downlights
- Under wall cupboard LED lighting
*Interior choices subject to build stage and house type - please ask your sales consultant for details
Bathroom and en suite
- Contemporary white sanitaryware with integrated storage
- Bath with chrome mixer tap, wall mounted shower rail and shower screen
- En suites with thermostatic shower mixer (Drift, Cove and Fisher only)
- Ceramic wall tiles to selected areas
- Heated chrome ladder radiator
- Ceiling downlights
Plumbing and Electrical
- Gas-fired central heating with combination boiler
- Thermostatically controlled radiators
- Fibre To The Premises (FTTP) with data points to selected rooms
- TV point to living room, kitchen and master bedroom
- Telephone points to hallway and master bedroom
- Mains-wired smoke and heat detectors with battery back-up
- Carbon monoxide detector
- PIR light to front entrance
- External light adjacent to the rear door
- PVCu double glazed windows and patio doors
- GRP Part Q compliant multipoint locking front door
- Moduleo flooring to kitchen and wet areas
- Choice of carpet colour throughout rest of home
- Walls and ceilings in Dulux Almond White matt emulsion (White to kitchen and bathrooms)
- Woodwork in Dulux satin white
- Fitted wardrobe to selected plots (refer to sales plans)
- Landscaping planting to front garden
- Turf and paved patio to rear garden (with garden shed to Bay II and Drift II only)
- Timber retaining walls/steps to selected plots
- Power and light to garages within curtilage of the property (Cove only)
- LABC warranty
Ore Railway Station - 0.6 miles
Hastings Railway Station - 1.5 miles
Grocery stores - 1.3 miles
Hastings Town Centre - 1.5 miles
Priory Meadow Shopping Centre - 1.5 miles
Beach - 1.7 miles
Nearest Primary School - 0.9 miles
Nearest Secondary School - 1.7 miles
Situated close to Sussex College and Ore Railway Station, and within minutes of Hastings Town Centre and Hastings Country Park, Baird Place is well located for both local amenities and connections further afield.
There are convenient transport links via the A259 and A21, and railway links connecting you to Brighton, Eastbourne, London and Ashford international.
Located just 0.6 miles from Ore Railway station, and 1.5 miles from Hastings Station, with its Southeastern Trains to Ashford International in 44 minutes and London Bridge in less than 1 ½ hours (Source - Southeastern January 2020).
For air travel, Gatwick Airport is just under 55 miles by car.
Doctors Surgery and grocery shops can be found just a short walk from the development. Larger stores, such as Morrisons and Aldi, are a short drive away.
There are an excellent selection of schools at both primary and secondary level, including Baird Primary Academy, Ark Blacklands Primary Academy, The Hastings Academy and Ark Alexandra Academy.
Local higher education is available at Sussex Coast College, Hastings, and a little further afield you’ll find the University of Sussex in Brighton.
For shopping, Hastings has the best of both worlds, combining a modern shopping centre in the New Town with lots of small independent shops in the Old Town, America Ground and St Leonards areas.
Hastings beach and seafront offers a diverse array of cafes, restaurants and attractions and the award-winning Pelham beach alongside it offers lifeguard cover between May and September.
Hastings Country Park Local Nature Reserve is just under 3 miles away and covers 345 hectares (853 acres) of coastal gill woodlands, open pasture and cliff top grassland, together with five kilometres of dramatic soft rock cliffs and coastline.