Hargham Road, Attleborough, Norfolk, NR17 1ZL
About Saxon Heath
**SHOW HOME NOW OPEN - BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT TODAY!**
We’re delighted to bring you this limited collection of 2 and 3 bedroom affordable homes in the Norfolk town of Attleborough, conveniently located between Thetford and Wymondham and within easy reach of Norwich.
All built to comprise our all-inclusive specification, these homes offer a fantastic opportunity to own your own home in this well-connected town with its array of essential amenities and transport links.
These homes are available to buy exclusively through the Shared Ownership scheme and with a limited number of homes available to purchase we expect these to sell fast, please register your interest to receive more information as it’s released!
- Range of contemporary 2 & 3 bedroom houses
- Just 19 homes available to purchase with Shared Ownership
- Range of amenities within the local area including primary school, supermarket and GP
- Just over a mile to the A11 and 1.5 miles to Attleborough Train Station
- All-inclusive specification with flooring and turf included - no extras needed!
- Covered by 10 year NHBC Warranty
There are 7 plots available
- Contemporary fitted kitchen with a range of wall and base units
- 22mm square edge laminate worktops
- Stainless steel single oven
- Induction hob
- Extractor hood
- Stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap
- Integrated fridge/freezer
- Integrated dishwasher
Bathroom, Cloakroom & En Suite
- Contemporary white sanitaryware
- Thermostatically controlled shower over bath and glass shower screen with full-height tiling to bath
- Thermostatically controlled shower to en suite and glass shower cubicle with full-height tiling
- Chrome ladder radiator to bathroom and en suite
- Lockable mirror-fronted cabinet with shaver socket
Plumbing & Electrical
- Gas-fired central heating system with combination boiler
- Thermostatically controlled radiators
- Media plate TV and telephone point to living room
- Data point to living room and up to three bedrooms
- One double socket with USB charging port to each bedroom, kitchen and living room
- Downlighters to kitchen, bathroom, en suite, cloakroom, hall and landing
- LED under-cupboard lighting to kitchen
- Mains-wired smoke detector and alarm
- Carbon monoxide detector and alarm
- PIR outside light to front
- Electric Vehicle charging point infrastructure where possible within curtilage of property
Windows, Doors & Internals
- PVCu double-glazed lockable windows and patio doors
- Front door with multi-point locking, deadbolt and chrome ironmongery
- Walls and ceilings in matt white emulsion
- Woodwork in white satin
- White internal doors with chrome ironmongery
- Built-in wardrobe to bedroom one
- Oak handrail to staircase
- Amtico flooring to kitchen, utility room, bathroom, en suite, cloakroom, hall and living room
- Carpets to stairs, landing and all bedrooms
- Colour or Light colour palette for kitchen, bathroom and flooring finishes
- Landscaping to front garden
- Turf and patio to rear garden
- 1.8m closeboard fence to rear gardens
- Outside tap
- 10-year NHBC Buildmark Choice warranty
A11 - 1.3 miles
Attleborough Train Station - 1.5 miles
Post Office - 0.3 miles
Supermarket - 0.9 miles
Nursery - 1.4 miles
Primary School - 0.6 miles
Secondary School - 1.4 miles
Doctors - 1.2 miles
Dentist - 1.2 miles
Pub - 0.9 miles
Find your place to enjoy life…
At just over a mile from Attleborough town centre and a mile and a half from the train station, Saxon Heath residents can benefit from the historic town’s plentiful amenities, whilst also enjoying the surrounding beauty of Norfolk’s rural landscape.
Attleborough has a wealth of independent shops, supermarkets and plenty of community facilities, including a sports hall and tennis courts, plus a selection of cafés, pubs and lively eateries lining the attractive high street. Every Thursday, there’s the wonderful Makers Market, just outside the Town Hall – a tradition that’s been established for hundreds of years. And with an abundance of pubs and restaurants in the surrounding villages offering a wide range of cuisines, there’s always local places to enjoy a relaxed evening meal with the family, or to simply unwind with a coffee.
… your places to explore
There’s plenty to do to keep all ages entertained, whatever the season. Thetford Forest is close by, with its busy programme of events throughout the year and wealth of outdoor activities, including invigorating walks and bike trails, plus a fantastic wooden adventure playground amongst the trees. Alternatively, test your skills on the high rope treetop course, or even take the off-roading challenge on our all-terrain Segways at the Forestry Commission’s High Lodge centre. A Banham Zoo annual pass is a must, it’s just a short drive away, where there’s also indoor and outdoor play areas for younger children. You’ll also find a fantastic fairground and traditional train and transport attractions at Bressingham Steam and Gardens.
A little further afield, you can experience the great outdoors of the world-famous Norfolk Broads National Park, a meandering network of rivers and lakes stretching for over 125 miles, giving you access by boat, canoe or kayak to numerous towns and picturesque villages. Norfolk’s coastline is also well-known for its spectacular beaches, such as Cromer in the north, famed for its crabbing and fine Victorian Pier, to Lowestoft and Southwold to the east - there’s no shortage of places to discover with family and friends.
Norwich, with its wealth of history and culture, is around 20 miles away. Shoppers on the lookout for something different should head to Norwich Lanes, a charming locale of medieval alleyways and historical buildings, where independent retailers offer exclusive fashion and lifestyle choices. Diners can choose from a tantalising wealth of fine dining establishments serving up a variety of cuisines, as well as enjoying all manner of lively bars and clubs.
Norwich Market, one of the largest open-air markets in the country, is open from Monday to Saturday with plenty of stalls. Whatever you fancy, you’re likely to find it here, including the best in local produce, including freshly baked bread and homemade jams. Or the weekly Goat Lane Fair, established back in 1972, is a treasure trove if you’re on the hunt for antiques and collectibles.
For a little more intensive retail therapy, Norwich is also home to some impressive shopping malls, including Chantry Place, housing more than 90 shops, cafés and restaurants over three levels, and filled with leading fashion brands, accessories and more. In addition, the five-storey Castle Quarter shopping and leisure centre is packed with popular high street names, restaurants, a cinema and many leisure activities from gyms and yoga to bowling to interactive gaming. In the city centre, you’ll discover one of the jewels in Norwich’s crown, the Royal Arcade; opened in 1899, it’s definitely worth visiting, as much for its magnificent, tiled interiors and stained glass as for the boutiques themselves.
For a more sedate, cultural experience, there’s the Theatre Royal, various galleries and museums, or either of Norwich’s major landmarks – the Castle and Cathedral. Or sports fans might prefer a trip to watch Norwich City FC play at Carrow Road, or even enjoy a day at Newmarket races. There’re endless opportunities for a whole spectrum of leisure pursuits.
… and places to learn
For younger families, the area offers Attleborough and Great Ellingham Primary Schools, plus an excellent choice of state and independent schools, including Old Buckenham High School, Wymondham College, the largest co-educational state boarding and day school in the UK, Attleborough Academy, a co-educational secondary school and sixth form with academy status, and Thetford Grammar School.
Your place to connect...
Saxon Heath is ideally placed for both commuter and shoppers, with easy access into Norwich, either by car via the A11 or train. From Norwich, the train journey to London takes around two hours, and to Cambridge just over an hour.
Attleborough sits approximately 20 miles from Norwich city centre, 15 miles from Thetford town and Thetford Forest, and 30 miles from Bury St Edmunds. Situated just off the A11, it’s centrally located for travel into Norwich and towards the A47, A14 and M11. There are also regular bus services into Norwich, and Attleborough railway station provides a line to both Norwich (20-25 minutes) and Cambridge (around one hour), and then on to London.
For travel further afield for leisure or business, Norwich International Airport, East Anglia’s largest airport, is about 25 miles from Attleborough, with its connections to over 30 UK airports and business hubs such as Amsterdam, Munich, Geneva and Paris, as well as holiday destinations such as Turkey, Italy and Spain.
By car from Saxon Heath
Attleborough (centre) 1.1 miles
A11 1.3 miles
Attleborough Train Station 1.5 miles
Thetford 14 miles
Norwich 17 miles
Norwich Airport 21 miles
The Broads (Brundall) 23.5 miles
Bury St Edmunds 26 miles
By train from Attleborough Station
Thetford from 13 mins
Norwich from 21 mins
Ely from 38 mins
Cambridge from 57 mins
Great Yarmouth from 59 mins
Stansted Airport from 92 mins
Bury St Edmunds from 101 mins
Times and distances are approximate only and are taken from maps.google.com and nationalrail.co.uk