Melbourne Avenue, Ramsgate, Kent, CT12 6JS
About Poppy Fields
All homes now reserved.
We were proud to present Poppy Fields, a popular collection of 3 and 4 bedroom homes located in Ramsgate, on Kent’s beautiful Thanet Coast. All homes were available to buy through Shared Ownership, making it even easier to get on the property ladder.
Each home provides both convenience and comfort, with en-suite bathrooms, impressive private gardens and allocated parking to all plots. When combined with a location close to local amenities and transport links, you have the ideal base.
An award-winning development
We're delighted that Poppy Fields has been recently named as the ‘Best Construction Project’ at the South East Construction Awards 2023 as well as a winner of a Green Plaque Award, which demonstrates the development's exceptional commitment to sustainable design.
Our best practice in design and construction and the promotion of innovative solutions means we're helping you to reduce carbon emissions and the cost of running your new home here at Poppy Fields.
A fantastic location
Ideally positioned between Ramsgate town centre and Westwood Cross, there are a number of supermarkets, home and tech outlets, high-street names and independent shops to cater for everyday needs.
Ramsgate, Broadstairs and Margate all provide a great day out at the beach, with award-winning beaches. With a variety of attractions on offer too, there are endless activities to keep you entertained.
Click on the location tab to find our more about Ramsgate’s excellent, well connected location.
• Stylish, contemporary fitted kitchen with a range of wall and base units
• 22mm square edge laminate worktops
• Black and stainless steel single oven
• Induction hob
• Extractor hood
• Microwave (to all four bedroom homes)
• Stainless sink with chrome mixer tap
• Integrated fridge/freezer
• Integrated dishwasher
• Plumbing for washing machine
Bathroom, Cloakroom and En Suite
• Contemporary Roca white sanitaryware
• Thermostatically controlled shower over bath and glass shower screen with full-height tiling to bath
• Thermostatically controlled shower to en suite and glass shower cubicle with full-height tiling
• Chrome ladder radiator to bathroom and en suite
• Lockable mirror-fronted vanity cabinet with shaver socket
• Diesse wall tiles
• Media plate TV and telephone point to living room
• Data point to living room and up to three bedrooms
• One double socket with USB charging port to each bedroom, kitchen and living room
• Downlighters to kitchen, utility, bathroom, en suite, cloakroom, hall and landing
• LED under-cupboard lighting to kitchen
• Mains-wired smoke detector and alarm
• Carbon monoxide detector and alarm
• PIR outside light to front and light to rear
• Electric Vehicle charging point infrastructure within curtilage of property
• Solar PV panels
• Gas-fired central heating with combination boiler
• Gas-fired central heating with system boiler and hot water cylinder (to all four bedroom homes)
• Thermostatically controlled radiators
Windows and Doors
• PVCu double-glazed lockable windows and patio doors
• Front door with multi-point locking and chrome ironmongery
• Walls and ceilings in matt white emulsion
• Woodwork in white satin
• White internal doors with chrome ironmongery
• Built-in wardrobe to bedroom one (bedroom two to The Chestnut)
• Oak newel cap to staircase
• Amtico flooring to bathroom, en suite, cloakroom, kitchen, utility (4 bedroom only), hall and living room
• Carpets to stairs, landing and all bedrooms
• Landscaping to front garden
• Turf and patio to rear garden
• 1.8m closeboard fence to rear gardens
• Outside tap
• Shed to rear garden
• 12-year NHBC warranty
Nearest Primary School - 0.1 miles
Newington Road Surgery - 0.4 miles
Tesco Superstore - 0.4 miles
Ramsgate Railway Station - 1.1 miles
Ramsgate Leisure Centre - 1.3 miles
Variety of Restaurants - 1.5 miles
A229 - 1.5 miles
Ramsgate Beach - 2.9 miles
Connections- Sandwiched between Ramsgate and Westwood, Poppy Fields fantastic location makes it easy to get about.
By Road – The A229 travels across North East Kent, providing links to the M2 and A2 into London. The A28 leads into Canterbury (17 miles) and further to Ashford where as A256 joins the A2 into Dover (19.5 miles)
By Air – London City Airport is 76.9 miles away, London Gatwick 80.6 miles, London Stansted 96.4 miles and London Heathrow 102 miles.
By Rail – Ramsgate railway station is 1.1 miles away by road (5 min drive or 20-minute walk) and runs regular services to London St Pancras from 73 minutes, as well as London Victoria & London Cannon Street in just over 2 hours. Times to Canterbury start from 19 minutes and 34 minutes to Ashford.
By Bus – Regular services run to Westwood, Margate, Broadstairs and the rest of Thanet.
Located conveniently close to Westwood Cross Shopping Centre (1.5 miles), you are within easy reach of supermarkets, restaurants, coffee shops, retail shops and a cinema. A couple of industrial estates are also close by, to cater for DIY projects. Ramsgate also provides several shops, pubs, supermarkets, and leisure centre, within 2 miles of Poppy Fields.
There are many highly rated schools within a 3 mile radius of the development, Ofsted rated Good or Outstanding:
30 primary schools, 9 secondary schools and 8 for higher education. For younger children, there is also a variety of nurseries to choose from.
You will find a hive of activity in Ramsgate, Broadstairs and Margate, with its own distinctive character thanks to its popularity in the Georgian and Victorian era. Year-round events are a prominent fixture, celebrating music, arts, sports, food and drink around the coastal towns.
Ramsgate is rich in history which is evident in its architecture, museums and underground. Take a stroll its historic and unique Royal Harbour or challenge yourself to a walk along the 32 mile Viking Coastal Trail.
Broadstairs offers a family-friendly atmosphere where children can enjoy rides at Viking Bay, visit independent shops, ice cream parlours or explore the beautiful rural nature at Botany Bay.
Within Margate you can find Turner Contemporary, Theatre Royal, Dreamland amusement park, quirky cafes, restaurants and bars.
So, whatever you feel like doing, Thanet is an ideal place to make home.
Rail times taken from National Rail Aug 2022
Distances taken from Google Maps
Local school information taken from gov.co.uk