Orbit at Cavendish View
Norton Road, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP31 3QH
About Orbit at Cavendish View
** Coming October 2020 **
Welcome to Orbit at Cavendish View, a brand new development of two and three bedroom semi-detached and terrace houses available through the Shared Ownership scheme, making them all the more affordable and ideal for first-time buyers.
Thurston is a warm, well-served community that offers a range of amenities including two pubs, shops, a library and a village hall which is home to many clubs, groups and activities for all ages, plus there is a community centre and sports facilities for the local area to enjoy.
- Two and three bedroom semi-detached and terrace houses
- Available to purchase using the Shared Ownership Scheme
- Driveway parking for two cars
- Situated just 5 miles from the historic cathedral town of Bury St Edmunds
- Excellent transport links with Thurston railway station within walking distance
- Selection of Ofsted-rated ‘Good’ schools options nearby
- Local connection applies - please ask for more information
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST NOW
- Contemporary Symphony kitchen with a range of fitted wall and base units
- Stainless steel single oven
- Stainless steel gas hob
- Stainless steel splashback behind hob
- Integrated extractor hood
- Stainless steel 1 1/2 bowl sink with chrome mixer tap
- Space for fridge/freezer
- Track spotlights
- Vinyl flooring
- Contemporary white sanitaryware
- Shower over bath
- Full height ceramic Porcelenosa tiling to bath
- Towel rail
- Vinyl flooring
Plumbing and electrical
- Gas fired combination boiler
- Thermostatically controlled radiators
- Digital TV point to living room and bedroom one
- Telephone point to hall and landing
Windows and doors
- PVCu double glazed windows
- Front door with chrome furniture
- Mains-wired smoke detector with battery back-up
- Carbon monoxide detector
Internal and general
- Walls and ceilings in white emulsion
- Woodwork in white satinwood
- 10 year Premier warranty
- Turf to rear garden
Village store - 0.5 miles
The Victoria Pub - 0.1 mile
Fox and Hounds Pub - 0.6 miles
Thurston Primary School - 0.6 miles
Thurston Train Station - 0.7 miles
Supermarket - 4.1 miles
A14 - 1.5 miles
Nowton Park - 6.8 miles
Thetford Forest - 15 miles
Bury St Edmunds - 7 miles
Ipswich - 22.5 miles
Cavendish View boasts fantastic local transport links into Bury St Edmunds and nearby towns and cities. The development is less than a mile from Thurston train station, from where trains travel regularly between Cambridge, Ipswich and London; a great choice for commuters. Cavendish View is seven miles from Bury St Edmunds, 11 miles to Stowmarket and 23 miles to Ipswich.
You’ll enjoy easy access to the A14 and the A143 living at Cavendish View. Plus, with regular buses running from Thurston to Bury St Edmunds, as well as services to and from Bury St Edmunds, Stowmarket and Ipswich, you’ll feel well connected.
Thurston is a warm, well-served community that offers a range of amenities including two pubs, shops, a library and a village hall which is home to many clubs, groups and activities for all ages, plus there is a community centre and sports facilities to enjoy.
A primary school and secondary community college are both within walking distance of Cavendish View, making it an ideal home for growing families.
Thurston Community College - Ofsted-rated ‘Good’, is less than half a mile away and includes a thriving sixth-form college. Thurston primary school is 0.6 miles away and also Ofsted-rated ‘Good’. Further afield are St Edmund’s Roman Catholic primary - 6 miles away, Westley Middle School - 8.1 miles away and King Edward V1 Church of England Upper school - 7.1 miles away which are all Ofsted-rated ‘Good’. You’ll find a great offering of after-school clubs for all ages at these schools, delivering affordable childcare all year round.
The bustling market town of Newmarket is just a 20 minute drive away – as well as being a major local business cluster, it’s also generally considered to be the birthplace and global centre of thoroughbred horse racing and a potential World Heritage Site, with racing events there dating as far back as 1174.
The picturesque, historical town of Bury St. Edmunds is only half an hour away, with its wealth of award-winning restaurants, fantastic shopping, art and culture, and stunning parklands.
Within easy reach of Thurston are Cambridge, Ipswich and Colchester. With breathtaking countryside and picture-postcard villages such as Lavenham, Long Melford and Clare nearby, you’ll never be stuck for places to explore.
Place your bets at the famous horse races at Newmarket, or settle down with fish and chips on a sunny day at one of the traditional seaside resorts on the Suffolk coast; or you can get on your bike and follow the cycling routes through quaint villages and a beautiful landscape.
You’ll never be stuck for days out, with many family-friendly attractions on your doorstep, including Ickworth House, West Stow Anglo-Saxon Village, Lackford Lakes and Packenham Water Mill.