off Buxton Road, Old Catton, Norfolk, NR6 7GJ (For Sat Nav use NR10 3FJ or Google NR12 7BJ)
About Dovecote Gardens
**TAILOR MADE INCENTIVES WORTH UP TO £10,000*!**
We’re delighted to present Dovecote Gardens; an attractive development of 2-bedroom apartments and 2, 3 and 4-bedroom houses available for Market Sale and Shared Ownership in the popular village of Old Catton near Norwich.
Its village location offers a wealth of essential local amenities on your doorstep, whilst being only 5 miles from the centre of Norwich. Whether you are looking for a slower pace of life or need to be close to the action for work or leisure, Dovecote Gardens has a home to suit every life stage and lifestyle.
- Wide selection of 2-bedroom apartments and 2, 3 and 4-bedroom houses for Market Sale
- Popular village with range of schools, retail outlets, health & leisure amenities close by
- Under 5 miles from Norwich city centre and train station
- Convenient road links via A1270 Broadland Northway (NDR), linking to A140 & A47
- All-inclusive specification with flooring and turf included - no extras needed!
- Deposit Unlock scheme available on selected Market Sale homes!
Did you know:
- New build properties can save homeowners up to 55% in energy usage and bills each year*
- On average, new build homes emit a third of the carbon of an older property*
- New build homes help reduce carbon emissions by more than 500,000 tonnes a year*
- 89% of homebuyers consider the energy efficiency of a home as an important factor in their purchase^
- All houses at this development have achieved EPC rating band B~ (average rating in England is D)
- There is currently no Stamp Duty to pay for the first £250,000 of your property purchase, or £425,000 if you're a first time buyer!
* HBF Watt a Save report July 2023
^ Orbit Homes Brand Measurement Survey of 1,000 people in August 2022
~ Based on completed properties to end of December 2022
|Open Daily||10am to 5pm|
Our Sales Office is open for viewings by appointment - please contact us to arrange a time which is convenient for you.
As our postcode isn’t yet active, some visitors have struggled to find our development. We recommend you go to what3words.com or download the what3words app and search for ///views.scale.dream to get the most accurate directions.
There are 8 plots available
There are 0 plots available
|Plot||Type of property||Bedrooms||Sq.ft||-||Price|
There are 0 plots available
|Plot||Type of property||Bedrooms||Sq.ft||-||Price|
|Plot 196 Upwell||Coach house||2||709||Reserved|
- Stylish, contemporary fitted kitchen with a range of wall and base units
- 22mm square edge laminate worktops
- Stainless steel single oven
- Induction hob
- Extractor hood
- Stainless steel microwave (to all four-bedroom homes)
- Stainless sink with chrome mixer tap
- Integrated fridge/freezer
- Integrated dishwasher
- Plumbing for washing machine to houses
- Washing machine to all apartments and coach houses
Bathroom, Cloakroom and En Suite
- Contemporary Roca white sanitaryware
- Thermostatically controlled shower over bath, glass shower screen with full-height tiling to bath (to houses with no en suite)
- Hand-held shower with half-height tiling to bath (to houses with an en suite)
- Thermostatically controlled shower to en suite, glass shower cubicle with full-height tiling
- Chrome ladder radiator to bathroom and en suite
- Lockable mirror fronted vanity cabinet with shaver socket
- Diesse wall tiles
Plumbing and Electrical
- Gas-fired central heating with combination boiler
- Gas-fired central heating with system boiler and hot water cylinder (to all four-bedroom homes)
- Thermostatically controlled radiators
- Media plate TV and telephone point to living room
- Data point to living room and up to three bedrooms
- One double socket with USB charging to each bedroom, kitchen and living room
- Downlighters to kitchen, utility, bathroom, en suite, cloakroom, hall and landing
- LED under-cupboard lighting to kitchen
- Mains-wired smoke detector and alarm
- Carbon monoxide detector and alarm
- PIR outside light to front and rear
- Power and light to garages within curtilage of property
- Electric Vehicle charging point infrastructure within curtilage of property
Windows, Doors and Internal
- PVCu double glazed lockable windows and patio doors
- Front door with multi-point locking, deadbolt and chrome ironmongery
- Walls and ceilings in matt white emulsion
- Woodwork in white satin
- White internal doors with chrome ironmongery
- Built-in wardrobe to bedroom one
- Oak handrail to staircase
- Amtico flooring to bathroom, en suite, cloakroom, kitchen, utility, hall and living room
- Carpets to stairs, landing and all bedrooms
- Choice of Light, Colour or Wood colour palette for kitchen, bathroom and flooring finishes, dependent on build stage
- Landscaping to front garden
- Turf and patio to rear garden
- 1.8m closeboard fence to rear gardens
- Outside tap
- 10-year NHBC warranty
A1270 - 2.3 miles
A11 - 5.2 miles
A47 - 7.4 miles
Norwich International Airport - 2.4 miles
Norwich Train Station - 4.1 miles
Post Office - 1.6 miles
Nearest Supermarket - 0.4 miles
Nursery - 1.4 miles
Primary school - 0.7 miles
Secondary School - 2 miles
Doctors - 0.7 miles
Dentist - 1.1 miles
Being just 3.5 miles north of Norwich, with its national and international network connectivity, this new flagship development is within a highly sought-after residential area. Both Old Catton to the south and Spixworth to the north offer a range of essential amenities for your day-to-day needs, from a supermarket and selection of retail outlets to dental and medical practices, a veterinary surgery and a choice of pubs. A number of parks in the area provide opportunities for getting back to nature with the family, including the historic 70 acre Catton Park with its wildflower meadow and woodland walks.
Educational needs are very well-catered for too, with the choice of a number of schools; Old Catton Pre-School, Old Catton Church of England Junior School and Lodge Lane Infant School in Old Catton, plus Spixworth Infant School, Stepping Stones Day Nursery and Woodland View Junior School in Spixworth. Norwich itself offers a huge variety of excellent state and independent schools, plus further education opportunities, such as Norwich School, Wymondham College, Notre Dame High School, Norwich University of the Arts and the University of East Anglia.
Located in the Norfolk countryside, yet mere miles from the centre of Norwich, residents of Dovecote Gardens are spoiled for choice when it comes to lifestyle and leisure opportunities. A few miles away, you’ll find Sprowston Manor Hotel, Golf and Country Club, an idyllic countryside location where you can play a round of golf, enjoy a meal, pamper yourself at the spa, or cool off in the heated indoor pool. Dovecote Gardens prime location also places you near Earlham Park, the Norwich Showground and much more.
A little further afield, just south of Norwich, is Whitlingham Country Park, a firm favourite amongst city dwellers and countryside enthusiasts alike, offering a perfectly tranquil location to get away from life’s hustle and bustle. Ramblers and hikers are free to explore the many woodland trails and meadows, and cycling enthusiasts will not be disappointed, as they’re welcome on the paths at the park. In addition, National Cycle Network Route 1 runs right through the park down Whitlingham Lane and past the wooded area. With ample parking and refreshments onsite, it makes for a great family day out.
Your place for culture…
If you have a taste for the finer culinary experiences in life, historic Norwich itself offers first-class restaurants, plus countless leisure, retail and cultural attractions. Alternatively, explore the Norwich Lanes, a haven of independent eateries, coffee houses and lively bars. There’s plenty on offer culturally, too, with the wonderful art-deco Theatre Royal, the Arts Centre and the medieval Norwich Castle Museum & Art Gallery. You can choose between two magnificent Cathedrals, with Norwich Cathedral having the second highest spire in England at 96m. There’s all kind of live music venues, like the buzzing Waterfront, or the authentic annual Oktoberfest celebrations and the free, open-air art market in the city centre, where local artists can display their work on the railings of St. Peter Mancroft Church. Or for those looking for rather more energetic entertainment, head for the heights of the Highball Climbing Centre, Norfolk’s largest indoor climbing facility, or even the High Altitude Trampoline Park, great for all ages.
…and for country pursuits…
You don’t have to go far for a break from the pace of urban living, as Norfolk is blessed with some of the finest, unspoiled countryside in Britain, offering a wealth of healthy lifestyle options. The world-famous Norfolk Broads are just waiting for you – endless stretches of tranquil waterways providing all sorts of recreation. There’s the stately Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden, a sumptuous 130 acre organic garden with miles of walkways, flower displays and daily boat trips. Or visit the historic Blickling Estate, the birthplace of Anne Boleyn, or the striking Happisburgh Lighthouse, built in 1790 and the oldest working lighthouse in East Anglia. The Marriot’s Way footpath, bridleway and cycle path, 26 miles long, runs between Norwich and Aylsham with breathtaking views of some of the most beautiful parts of Norfolk’s countryside. And for motor racing enthusiasts, there’s the excitement of the famous Snetterton Racing Circuit.
Dovecote Gardens really does offer its residents the vibrancy of urban living, balanced against the rural backdrop of some of England’s most desirable countryside.
Your place to connect…
With its easy access to Norwich city centre and the A140, connecting to the rest of the country is simple. In addition, the nearby A1270 Broadland Northway (Norwich NDR) runs 12 miles around the north of Norwich, from the A47 junction at Postwick in the east, to the A1067 Fakenham Road in the west. Norwich International Airport is also just 2.4 miles away from Dovecote Gardens, so you don’t have to go far to enjoy European travel.
By car from Dovecote Gardens
A1270 – 1.9 miles
Norwich International Airport – 2.4 miles
Norwich – 3.5 miles
A140 – 3.8 miles
Norwich Train Station – 4.8 miles
Great Yarmouth – 23.5 miles
Thetford – 41 miles
Cambridge – 74 miles
By train from Norwich station
Thetford – 26 mins
Great Yarmouth – 33 mins
Ipswich – 37 mins
Harwich International – 73 mins
Cambridge – 74 mins
London Liverpool Street – 106 mins
Stansted Airport – 109 mins
Distances and times are approximate only and are taken from maps.google.com and nationalrail.co.uk