Orbit Homes’ Customer Promise and Charter
We aim to design, build and deliver quality affordable new homes in attractive settings; creating places for people to enjoy and thrive.
Our Customer Charter:
With over fifty years of expertise and experience in providing a mixed tenure, high quality housing, to suit the widest number of people; we aim to create attractive places for people to enjoy.
With each of our homes built to our own high standards, we operate under the requirements of the Consumer Code for Home Builders and strive to help you find your place to thrive.
Our friendly and experienced Sales Consultants and Customer Care team will be on hand to guide you through the buying process and be available to help with any queries or concerns when you move in.
Copies of the “Consumer Code for Home Builders” are available from our Sales Offices and via our website and will always be provided to you upon reservation.
We promise that:
- We will train our team to efficiently deal with any queries you may have. The training encompasses details of the Consumer Code for Home Builders and our Customer Charter and the responsibilities of our team to you, the homebuyer.
- Our marketing and advertising will be clear and truthful. As part of the buying process of your Orbit home, you will receive detailed information explaining the purchase process and how you can get the most out of living in your chosen new home.
- Our communications with you will be open and honest and will answer any questions you may have.
- We will be on hand to assist you throughout the buying process of your Orbit home and we want to ensure you are very happy with your purchase.
- Our Contract of Sale Terms & Conditions will be clear and accurate, we will fully explain your cancellation rights.
- If you are moving into your new Orbit home during the construction period, we will do our best to keep the area around your home as clean and tidy as possible. Health and safety advice will be provided by our site team to minimise the risk of danger to you and your loved ones.
- We will keep you updated throughout the buying process and provide you with an anticipated completion date of your new Orbit home. This will help you plan ahead for your moving day.
- We will ask you to attend a Home Demonstration with our Customer Care team, before Legal Completion, to give you a personal tour and demonstrate the fixtures and fittings within your new Orbit home.
- We will give you a Homeowner’s Manual which sets out everything you need to know about our Customer Care service. This will be handed over to you on the day you complete your purchase. It will detail the service we provide, your point of contact and which guarantees and warranties apply to your new Orbit home.
- We will provide you with reliable information about NHBC’s Buildmark Warranty or equivalent. A member of our dedicated Customer Service Department will deal with any queries or problems should they arise, in accordance with the NHBC 2-Year Builders Guarantee Period or equivalent.
We will provide you with our Complaints Procedure and details of who to contact should you believe that we have not satisfactorily fulfilled our Charter Commitments.
We want you to help you throughout the process so that you can enjoy your experience of buying your new home and find your place to thrive from Orbit Homes. We are always looking to improve our service by receiving valuable feedback from our customer surveys, and you will be contacted approximately 6 weeks after you move into your new home.
Correct at time of writing July 2020.
- Consumer Code for Homebuilders Requirements Fourth Edition June 2019
- Consumer Code for Housebuilders Scheme Fourth Edition June 2019
These documents contain The Code Requirements, their Meaning and an Introduction to The Independent Dispute Resolution Scheme.