1. Who is responsible for my information? Orbit Homes (2020) Ltd (the “Data Controller”) [Registration No: Z2190981], a subsidiary of Orbit Group Ltd, is responsible for the collection, processing, storage and safe keeping of any information you provide on this website and the information you provide will be managed in accordance with relevant legislation (e.g. Data Protection Act).
2. What information do we collect about you? As part of delivering services to you, certain personal information we collect and process will enable us to respond to your enquiry/interest in our service. This information is collected using cookies (see section 6 - Cookies).
3. How will we use the information about you? We will use your information to [a] respond to your interest in our services, [b] respond to any enquiries you make and [c] keep you updated with the latest news (marketing) and products/services.
4. Who we may share your information with? Information will be used across the organisation to ensure you are receiving all services you have requested; ensure your information is accurate and up to date and to promote other products the Group offers and/or to keep you updated with the latest news.
We will not sell your information to any third parties nor will we share your information except where we are required to by law.
5. Marketing? Your information will be used for direct marketing purposes to keep you updated with our latest services/offers.
You can however, exercise your right under Data Protection Act to opt out of receiving any direct marketing by writing to us (see section 7.3 – Direct Marketing)
We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our websites. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
6.2 What are Cookies? Cookies are text files placed on your computer by websites you visit. These are widely used to enable the websites to work properly
(e.g. ensuring that the right personal information collected is attached to the individual who submitted it) when collecting information that you have provided to the Data Controller.
You may delete and block cookies if you wish from this site, however, please be aware that this could affect the functioning of this website. If you would like further information relating to cookies and what they do and how to delete them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
This is an Umbraco specific cookie. Stores a Guid reference to the current logged in backend user. Randomly generated at login and stored in the database, it allows you access the current user, without having to store any user specific data in the cookie.
|UMB_UPDCHK||7 days||This is an Umbraco specific cookie. Stores a flag to say an update check has occurred. When a cookie expires, or no cookie is found, another update check takes place (setting the cookie again). Checks only take place if the current user is an backend admin.|
|UMB_PREVIEW||1 month||This is an Umbraco specific cookie. A Guid reference for accessing preview data for the current page in preview mode.|
|Session||This is an anti-forgery token (prevent CSRF attack). It guarantees that the poster is the one who gets the form. Used in the backend.|
|1 year||This is associated with the ShareThis social sharing widget placed in a site to enable sharing of content across various social networks.|
|Used by Google Analytics and Adwords to track your movements around the site, where you click and what you look at the most. That information is being used to improve the experience of the website for you.|
7.1 Access to your personal information? You have the right under s7 of the Data Protection Act, to request access to the personal information we may hold about you by making a Subject Access Request application. If we do hold information about you, we will:-
Give you a description of it; Tell you why we are holding it;? Tell you who it could be disclosed to; and?Let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
If you would like to know what, if anything, we may hold about you will need to put your request in writing to the address provided below.
7.2 Correction to your personal information? We make every effort to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to either to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. Please send your written request to the address in below
7.3 Opt Out of receiving Direct Marketing? You have the right at any time to ‘opt out’ of us processing using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. We then have up to 21 days to action this. If you wish to do this at any time (details below).
8. Disclosure of personal information? In most circumstances we will not disclose your personal information without consent, except where we are required to do so by law.
However, there will be times when for example we investigate a complaint about a service, we may need to share personal data across the Group and other relevant bodies (e.g. those we have commissioned to delivery service(s) on Orbit’s behalf in in partnership with). You can obtain further information on:-
Information Sharing & Partnership Agreements we have with other organisations we work with to deliver services? Circumstances where we could pass personal data without your consent (e.g. prevention or detection of crime.
FAO: Information Governance Specialist, Orbit Group Ltd, Garden Court,Harry Weston Road, Binley Business Park, Binley, Coventry CV3 2SU
Or email us at email@example.com