Off Puffin Road, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 6HQ
About Sanderling Mews
*All Plots Now Sold and Completed*
Orbit Homes are pleased to have introduced Sanderling Mews, which launched in 2022 and sold-out in 2023. The development consisted of 26 x 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes in the seaside town of Herne Bay, available with Shared Ownership.
- Symphony Woodbury range of kitchen units and work tops
- Integrated stainless steel electric oven and 4 burner gas hob
- Stainless steel chimney hood and splashback
- Stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap
- Integrated fridge/freezer
- Integrated washing machine
- Space and plumbing for dishwasher (3+ beds only)
- Track mounted downlighters
- LED under unit lighting
Bathroom & Cloakroom
- Contemporary white sanitaryware
- Bath with chrome taps
- Shower over bath with glass shower screen
- Thermostatically controlled shower to en suite with silver frame and glass enclosure
- Half height ceramic tiling to walls with sanitaryware
- Full height ceramic tiling around bath and en suite shower cubicle
- 2 course tiled splashback to cloakroom sanitaryware
- Mirror over wash basin
- Heated chrome ladder towel rail to bathroom and en-suite
- Shaver socket to bathroom
- Combi boiler
- Thermostatically controlled radiators
- TV point to living room and all bedrooms
- Telephone point to living room
- BT Fibre to property (FTP) with data points to selected rooms
- Mains-wired smoke and heat detectors with battery back-up
- Carbon monoxide detector
- PIR operated light to front entrance and rear
Windows and Doors
- Multipoint locking external doors
- White UPVC double glazed windows and patio doors
- Karndean flooring to kitchen and hallway
- Vinyl flooring to wet rooms
- Woodwork in Dulux Trade Pure Brilliant White
- Walls and ceilings in Dulux Brilliant White
- Built in wardrobe to bedroom 1
- Landscaping to front gardens, turf to rears
- Patio to rear gardens
- 1.8m closeboard fence
- Rotary dryer and shed
- External tap
- Private or shared car charging points*
- NHBC 12 year Buildmark choice warranty
* Please speak to our sales consultants for plot specific details
Nearest Primary School - 0.4 miles
Queen Victoria Hospital - 1.7 miles
Reculver Country Park - 1.9 miles
A229 - 2 miles
Restaurants & Cafes - 2.3 miles
Supermarket - 2.4 miles
Herne Bay Beach - 2.8 miles
Railway Station - 3.0 miles
Situated in the small town of Hillborough, eastern Herne Bay, Sanderling Mews offers a mixture of coast, country and towns with fantastic links into the rest of Kent and beyond.
By Road* – The A229 is less than 3 miles away, taking you east to Ramsgate or west to join the M2 and A2 towards London. The M2 also connects you to the M20, M26 and M25 while the A2 also travels south east into Canterbury and Dover.
By Air* – Reach London City Airport (65 miles), Gatwick (70.6 miles) Stansted (86.4 miles) and Heathrow (92 miles) by road.
By Rail* – Herne Bay rail station is only 2 miles from Sanderling Mews, with direct links to Margate (16m), Canterbury (54m), Dover Priory (1hr 7m), London St Pancras (1hr 24m) & London Victoria (1hr 37m).
Enjoy an abundance of restaurants along the sea front, from cafes to fish & chips, seafood and international cuisines. There’s a range of supermarkets to pick from, including well known supermarkets and local sops, an industrial estate and a leisure centre.
Based on an Ofsted rating of Good and Outstanding, there are 14 primary schools, 2 secondary and 2 higher educational schools within a 5 mile radius of Sanderling Mews. For small children, there are also a range of pre-schools located in Herne Bay.
Herne Bay and the surrounding areas have plenty to offer, catering for all interests.
For history lovers, visit the Reculver Towers and Roman Fort, the ruins of a medieval church which dominates the skyline. View landmarks from the 19th century, such as the clock tower and the remains of what was the second longest pier in England. Learn about the history of Herne Bay at the Seaside Museum or visit ‘Neptune’s Arm’, an offshore breakwater.
Enjoy the natural world by visiting the Wildwood Trust which has over 200 native animals set within 40 acres of ancient woodlands. Blow away the cobwebs with a walk along Long Rock, an open coastal space between Herne Bay and Whitstable. Cycle along the picturesque Viking Coastal trail and Oyster bay trail.
For those who enjoy keeping active, Herne Bay Hippodrome is an indoor adventure playground for those aged two and above. Enjoy traditional seaside fun playing a round of mini golf and the iFun Family Entertainment Centre for the whole family. There’s also a sailing club, leisure centre and sports arena.
Take a trip east to the seaside towns of Margate, Broadstairs and Ramsgate which boast year-round events celebrating music, arts, sports, food and drink. Alternatively, take a trip to Canterbury, a city rich in history and bustling with activity!
*Times, distances and directions are approximate only and are taken from maps.google.com and nationalrail.com and during peak time. May 2022.
**Data taken from compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk May 2022.